CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Series of Unfortunate Events - The Recipe to Happiness

Today is not a good day. Back in those days, I realised that I was highly resistant towards a lot of things. But that was probably because I was partially in self denial. You know? the extreme of optimism or otherwise extreme case of learned helplessness! You've probably figured out what that means. Precisely as its name says, it means that you've learned to be helpless in whatever situation you're in, especially when you realise life is beyond your control.

I knew precisely why it happened. Well maybe not precisely, but I know it's a sign. I know it was meant to demotivate me as much as I don't want to give up. Just yesterday, I was really determined and resolved to achieve certain things in my life... towards my dream...one day!

As soon as I felt strong about it, terrible things happened! This month, has been a series of unfortunate events. Sometimes, things are so bad that I don't even want to talk to anyone about it. I thought it would be fine and I know as long as I can embrace all these as part of my life, it would be. But...

Sometimes, we all just need to express ourselves. To be someone we truly are. I am really feeling tired of things. So tired that I want a break. A break from being who I wasn't... I want to be able to admit that things aren't right, and it's absolutely fine. When things aren't going smooth, you just need some time for yourself, to think through things, and then start anew again...

I don't want to sound offensive, but I really hate it when people foolishly think that they can't be happy everyday. That is, ONE PLAIN STUPID statement for stupid people. I know I should be compassionate but screw it. That's my belief and if our beliefs are just so incoherent... then forget it. I dont want to bother correcting people like that, but till I have the compassion one day again, I would continue dwelling on polishing my own life.

Also, it's funny how people always try to be someone else when they should really know all they need to be, is to be the best of themselves. I get so sick of things like that, which I really shouldn't be bothered. I've had enough. and seriously enough of all these terrible things. It does make me sad, but it shall never be longer than a day.

At this point, after writing this whole post, even though I didn't precisely state the cause or the series of unfortunate events that I've just experienced, I actually felt a lot better. Perhaps this is why I was often encouraged to focus on the causes I am making, not the effects I am experiencing. Because I believe in the law of cause and effect. Precisely - the simultaneity of cause and effect. That's why, often, it's how you choose to react that really trigger the subsequent reaction chain. :) I'm ready! To excel again! I know I would because there is no way that I would give up this! Not now! *free hugs*

I hope that each of you will realize success in your respective fields, fully recognizing that success means not giving up halfway but resolutely pursuing the path you have chosen. To this end, it is also important that you realize that the place where you work is a place for forging your character and growing as a human being. By extension, therefore, it is a place for your Buddhist practice, a place for practicing and deepening your faith. When you view things from this angle, all your complaints will disappear. No one is more pathetic than someone who is constantly complaining. [Daisaku Ikeda, Daily Encouragement - Tuesday, Sept 15 2009]

2 comments:

Hwei Cheng said...

Hello sweetie dear! I just read your post....something i should have read 10 days back.....

Anyways, trust me... doesnt matter how many unfortunate events you're facing currently, it will carry you to a smooth sail one day... Just believe my words. You will achieve your dreams one fine day.

I MISS YOU AND ROOTBEAR!

Princess Jasmine said...

you're sucha darling! :) *thanks*