CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Graduation Day

It was just two weeks ago since my graduation but it got me into thinking about flowers more than anything else, as flowers are seen everywhere when the graduation is around the corner! A friend was just saying that graduation is once and a lifetime thing, thus it's quite important for us to be at our best condition on that very day.

But for individuals like me who would be further pursuing my education, it somehow did not occur to me that flowers and graduation softtoys/gifts are necessary. Probably it's because everything else needed money and I didn't want to spend a single cent getting something that would not last, even if it would make me look pretty in one picture, or just for that moment.

It would be different if it's a gift though =) but otherwise, it's just as sweet! I am fortunate to have taken lots of pictures on my big day but more important than that, I treasured all the struggles I've gone through in that period of time. These lessons are definitely much more worthy and priceless compared to any gifts that I would have gotten on that day. In the smiles of every graduate, I see the struggles they've challenged themselves through!

Today, I did something, which completes the whole feeling of something I missed on my graduation. The flower. =) I bought a bouquet. Not for myself. It was a request from my housemate, for her graduating friend tonight. I think it's really lovely. Carrying this bouquet of flower from the City all the way home, it feels strange not because I've never held one this way, but because I felt happy looking at these flowers smiling at me. It was as if I heard them calling out to me...reminding me to not forget that we are all beautiful flowers,as we shine with confidence wherever we go.

*the bouquet*

0 comments: