CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Feelings

Spending 2 years in Australia did not seem to have much of an impact on me until I began my 3rd year. Being a psychology graduate, who then decided to go into Business for Postgraduate for a change of field, I am contented with this very decision that I've made. Decision making, is undeniably an important part of our daily life. More important than that, is to make a decision with wisdom and not fear. Reading Anthony Robbin's book on Awaken the Giant Within, has giving an entire new perspective to what Believing in Your Potential With Courage truly is. Unless you've read the book, you would not have understood my feeling of understanding the profundity of this simple yet significant concept. :)

Every single day, is a fresh new day for me. I've never felt so happy waking up every day since the day I left my home country. It was not homesick, nor was it boredom. I think, for some time, I just totally lost that. Optimism. This brand new semester, entirely new course, has opened up a wonderful path for me. Making new friends have never been so easy. Perhaps I was just not very approachable back then but taking the first step, to talk to acquintances again, to develop that friendship has been challenging, but i can proudly now say is very fulfilling. You will be surprised reading this, but I've had so many more friends in this semester alone, compared to the PAST two years I was here!

When you're ready to open up once again, you'll be amazed to see how your relationships with others can take a great turn. Recently, I decided to do something random! Very random. Ever since i started blogging, you got no clue how many blogs I've ever own... I never drop a single comment in any random blogs, or even in blogs of people whom I know. I was just too afraid to be judged. The only blog that i've really commented was probably Sarah's one, because we're so close! I guess all bloggers to some extent felt the same. But i was just way too paranoid... Funny right? Anyhow, after reflecting for some time, I find it truly pathetic. The "worries" I had stemed from my lack of self confidence which I was totally unaware of.

I remember a long conversation with a friend who commented on self confidence. Somehow, I realised that, being true to yourself requires courage. Hence, I was determined that I want to be confident with myself, with what I feel, what I think and regardless of what others may say or think of you, you're still able to believe in your actions, and of course, the action that you're making!

Somehow, I was glad that I had the courage to do that. Yes, to drop comments around. To me, it's a new found courage. ;) I want to be able to connect to the people again. At least try, to connect? slowly...

0 comments: